Hackstar Software Engineer APPLY NOW
It is hackening ! Do you have what it takes to be a HACKSTAR ROCKSTAR? Are you the SOMEBODY who can literally rock anything?!
We are looking for a Hackstar Software Engineer on a freelance basis that will develop new applications and maintain existing ones for the labs. Some of these applications include:
- Pentesting Labs/Capture-the-flags (CTF) environment.
- IoT Pentesting Labs.
- Red-teaming Environments.
- Scripting to handle provisioning of cloud environments.
- Develop and design Pentesting scenarios/IoT scenarios for intermediate to professional learners.
- Improve tools and scripts for automated provisioning using Ansible, Vagrant and Linux Bash.
- Produce technical and user documentation on all related changes.
- Develop new technical applications and maintaining existing ones.
- Familiarity with setting up open source cloud infrastructure such as OpenStack, DeterLab/EmuLab, or Virtual Box.
- Experience with deploying infrastructure as code (IaC) using Vagrant, Terraform.
- Experience with provisioning environments using Ansible, Chef, Puppet or bash scripting.
- Technical knowhow of developing web services using Java, Python, for integration with cloud service’s API or CLI.
- Able to pick up PHP, C, Perl, sh/bash for debugging and simple scripting purposes.
- Able to set up CI/CD DevOps environment, e.g Bamboo, Jenkins.
- Ensure proper IT security implementation and protection of services.
- Participate in the procurement of new IT equipment and software.
- Fresh graduates are welcome to apply.
- Tertiary degree holders with relevant specialization or courses/modules/projects.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Possesses good analytical, problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Has great interest and aptitude in network and systems programming, enjoy learning technical details and experimenting with systems and technologies, e.g. o Played Hack the box or VulnHub.
Great to have
- Laravel experience
- Knowledge of envoyer
- Automation skills (Ansible, Terraform, Puppet,Chef)
- Knowledge of deploying php/composer applications
- Experience with cloud environments ( ideally Digital Ocean, AWS, GCP)